Monday, January 29, 2007

Not long ago I won an argument with my son. I'm a better arguer. I won...but I wasn't right and I told him so.

It made me think about all of the arguments people have. If you're smarter does that mean you're right, or does it just mean you're smart enough to win an argument? Or that you just have better communication skills to get your point across.

Is it more important to win? Sometimes you may be surprised by people who have less knowledge and fewer verbal skills. It just might be one of them that's right.

1 comment:

dawn2454 said...

Oh how very true...some people can win an argument, and some can even win most arguments, but that doesn't always mean they are right!

I think we all have that basic desire to win...to defeat others, to come out on top and to prove we are right. Does it mean we are right, or that we are actually a winner...NO!

Think we just need to hand more over to God and let Him be the winner and ruler over all things.