Monday, August 07, 2006

"When we have difficulty forgiving ourselves, this is pride at its deepest level. We are making an assumption that we should never have sinned and that we are too mature to sin. This is a trap from the enemy of our souls. People who cannot forgive do not recognize from what they have been forgiven. That includes us." Os Hillman

I always find it uncomfortable when something as insignigicant like unforgiveness for yourself is flipped around and turned into something wrong. It never seemes to be when you're doing it...but to call it pride?

Someone told me once about judging people as greater than you. It's easy to recognize when you judge those that are failing in an area that you excel...but what about those that appear perfect. That's a judgement as well. We don't know anything about them really. Who are we to judge?

Oh Lord, please remind me when I'm too proud to forgive myself.

No comments: